Friday, May 13, 2011

Agile Development: A retrospective

Some thoughts I've had.
It helps keep things on track. The short iteration times, documentation, and emphasis on working "demos" at the end of each cycle means something can't get too out of hand.
I wish I had known about that evidence based scheduling towards the start. It really shows how to create good time estimates, even without the simulating you have info. Plus, it captured the whole idea of concrete "what needs to be coded in the next x hours" stuff that I think the system my team used missed
If you're going to introduce agile development, introduce it in multiple classes. A single semester gave me and my team a basic understanding, but a multi-semester learning process would have helped me learn it better and use it much better in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment